Maria Henderson is set to join her husband in the ranks of professional fighting.
The wife of former UFC lightweight champion and current Bellator fighter Benson Henderson, Maria Henderson (0-0) will make her pro debut July 7 at LFA 135 in Phoenix, the promotion recently announced. The event will stream on UFC Fight Pass.
Henderson, who went 3-0 as an amateur with two submissions and one decision, will take on Melanie McIntyre (0-0) in a strawweight bout. McIntyre went 3-2 as an amateur and has not competed since 2018.
The Hendersons were in the spotlight together at Bellator 268 in October, when they both competed on the same card. In a rare move, Bellator booked Maria on the undercard in about she won by 40-second submission. Benson competed later in the event, but lost to Brent Primus by decision.
The current LFA 135 lineup includes:
- Alfonso Leyva vs. Daniel Reis
- Felipe Bunes vs. Wascar Cruz
- Lucas Clay vs. Austin Wourms
- Allan Begosso vs. Paris Stanford
- Jena Bishop vs. Luana Santos
- Rafael do Nascimento vs. Marcus McGhee
- Maria Henderson vs. Melanie McIntyre
Please go to MMAJunkie.USAToday.com to read full article.